[Rhodes22-list] Gone West

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 18:05:44 EST 2008

Jack was a pretty quiet guy.  I knew him for eleven years and worked
with him closely for the last three.  We never discussed name, rank,
or serial number.  I knew he was retired Air Force and he knew I was
all civilian and in all our many discussions about students, training
issues, and flying, we never discussed each others past.  Jack died
Monday morning at the young age of 66.  I learned from his obituary
that he retired a Colonel and commanded a KC-10 wing in England.
Somehow, that didn't surprise me. I wish now I'd asked him more
questions about his experience while he was alive.  Realistically, he
probably wouldn't have shared much anyway. His kids and widow said,
"that was Jack". Today, I found out my uniform blouse doesn't fit so
well since I last wore it five years ago.  Jack would have had a good
laugh about that.

Another aviator Gone West.  We'll miss you Colonel.

Brad