[Rhodes22-list] Happy Thanksgiving!

Caesar Paul caesarpaul01 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 27 12:25:19 EST 2008

Hi Brad,

Thanks for sharing that article with us.

As has been mentioned in earlier post, there is a strong connection between beliefs and behaviour.  It appears that many of the founding fathers of this great nation had a strong belief in the God of the bible, and this foundational belief influenced the contents of the founding documents, and the firmness of their faith in the face of dire circumstances.

My cursory and sporadic reading of American history leads me to believe that the early colonists did enjoy great favor from God in the battle for Independence.  Could it be that the rise of America as perhaps the greatest nation on the planet is in part because so many of our core beliefs seems to have originated and or mirrors those found in the Bible?

The freedom of the individual to aspire and to achieve, and the freedom of thought and religion.

Allow me to share a song of thanksgiving found in the book that greatly impacted those early colonists:

1    Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth.
2    Serve the LORD with gladness;
    Come before Him with joyful singing.
3    Know that the LORD Himself is God;
    It is He who has made us, and £not we ourselves;
    We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
4    Enter His gates with thanksgiving
    And His courts with praise.
    Give thanks to Him, bless His name.
5    For the LORD is good;
    His lovingkindness is everlasting
    And His faithfulness to all generations.
Thanks again for sharing a bit about the history of the first thanksgiving which reveals a bit about the beliefs and behaviours of the originators of our great nation.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Caesar Paul