[Rhodes22-list] Dead Battery (Again)

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Fri Nov 28 23:03:43 EST 2008

Herb,

"If you decide to hook up a battery charger, I'd strongly
recommend you bit the bullet, and get a decent marine battery charger,
and install it."

A friend recommended connecting both batteries to a marine charger connected
to shore power.  He said it wasn't that expensive for parts and I can pay
him in beer for the labor.

I've never turned on my shore power at any of my slips, but my current
marina requires a de-icer.  $400 for the de-icer.  $140 for the themostat.
$80 for the 30A to 15A convertor (finally figured out my marina outlet
wasn't a 220).  I don't know what the marine charger and beer will cost, but
I'll need a 30 amp extension cord that I'm sure will be about $100.

Worst part is that none of this has anything to do with sailing!

Lee