[Rhodes22-list] Motor size for the Rhodes 22

Eric Nelson errorinspelling at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 01:55:46 EDT 2008

Ok so I upgraded the motor on my Rhodes. This of course has been frought
with it's own troubles such as leaking seals, spun bushing on the prop that
no one carries anymore, starter drive gear worn out. but this is all just
extra work. What I am really curious about is how well the Rhodes will take
havign a 25 horse motor pushing it through the water. I had a fair bit of
trouble with the 9.5 short shaft out on the Sound, keeping the prop in the
water and fighting the tidal currents really made getting anywhere when the
wind just wouldn't cooperate. So am I looking damaging the hull by pushing
the boat harder, should I add more support to the whole transom or will I
just need it on the motor mount.

-Eric
1978 Rhodes 22 Continental