[Rhodes22-list] Peggy Noonan Hits It Outta the Park Again - What Does Peggy Really Think?

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 20:02:26 EDT 2008

Herb,

Just read some excerpts from Sarah's speech, here's a couple of good lines-

"Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska, I was mayor of
my hometown. And since our opponents in this presidential election
seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the
job involves. I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a 'community
organizer,' except that you have actual responsibilities."

"I'm not a member of the permanent political establishment. And I've
learned quickly, these past few days, that if you're not a member in
good standing of the Washington elite, then some in the media consider
a candidate unqualified for that reason alone. But here's a little
news flash for all those reporters and commentators: I'm not going to
Washington to seek their good opinion - I'm going to Washington to
serve the people of this country."

This should be fun to watch!

Brad