[Rhodes22-list] Jib Top Loop Breaks Again alternative fix

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Sep 4 19:21:11 EDT 2008

Bill:

I had upper break and and had it fixed.  While putting it back on sleeve,
the lower broke.  The Rummy fix was to use a pan head screw thru the wide
part of the cloth right after it was in the groove into the tube.  Might
even be better that those cloth loops.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
http://www.nabble.com/file/p19321996/chick%2Bfilla.jpg chick+filla.jpg

The canvas loop at the top of my jib broke again.

I have a local sailmaker who can replace it, again.

Are there any other solutions that have worked better?

Bill Effros

http://www.nabble.com/file/p19321996/chick%2Bfilla.jpg chick+filla.jpg