[Rhodes22-list] Storm Preps

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 4 19:41:04 EDT 2008

Looks as if NC  & Chesapeake sailors are directly in Hanna's sights...

I spent a bunch of time aboard today setting fenders, as the stern tends to swing into the dock any time the winds are from a N quadrant; tying down or stowing below anything that could move, making sure there were no leaves to clog scuppers, securing the main & jib (had to recruit a neighbor to tie the jib...he could reach!) ...etc...

Unfortunately I will be out of town all weekend.....so friends will step in if we have to take boats off the dock tomorrow afternoon & anchor them in the creek as we did with Isabel....

And Ike is not too far behind....

So, NC & Bay Rhodies who are in the water...what preps have you made to safeguard your boat?

elle