[Rhodes22-list] Politics - Sexism

Rick Lange SloopBlueHeron at ISP.Com
Thu Sep 4 22:23:31 EDT 2008

Herb,

A self funded health care plan actually means the employer pays all
medical claims.  It appears to be insurance to the employees, but it is
not insurance because the employer assumes all risk.

These plans are administered by insurance companies who recieve a fee from
the employer to process claims, negotiate medical provider fees, etc.
However, no premiums or "dividends" are involved.

Rick