[Rhodes22-list] Skinning the "Skins (Special to R Lowe)(side note to Cowie)

Benjamin Cittadino bcittadino at dcs-law.com
Fri Sep 5 11:29:57 EDT 2008

Rob;

You may recall you replied to my post a month or so ago about Brett
Favre.  At that time I said I was happy about the prospect of his (then
possible) move to the Jets so that may have given you the erroneous
impression that I am a Jets fan.  I only pull for the Jets if they are
playing the hated Patriots, just as I only pull for anybody else if they
play the despised Cowboys.  I've been a Giants fan since 1960.  I do
want the Jets to do well because the prospect of an "all NY" Super Bowl
is appealing. I agree the "Skins look to be in trouble this year, but
mid-3rd quarter last nite they had me a little worried. Does the VT.edu
in your address refer to Virginia Tech, Vermont or something else?
What's the deal with the Hokies (assuming it's Virginia Tech)?

By the way, I had been making the same mistake as somebody else on this
list and sailing with the topping lift still tight on my R22.  Releasing
it with the sail out has made a tremendous difference.  That post alone
has made my list membership worth the price.

Side note to Cowie...I bought the boat you sailed in with Stan this
Spring...She is now the Susan Kay...the 9.9 Yamaha has started every
time (about 6 trips with many starts since I got her in late July) and
the electric motor lift is heavenly...I use 87 octane with the
recommended dose of "Sta-bil" and the electric start gets her purring on
the first push.  Elton did recommend shifting into reverse and back to
neutral before starting every time but I have no idea why (maybe just to
make sure its not in gear).

Cheers!

Ben C.

s/v Susan Kay, Highlands, NJ