[Rhodes22-list] Skinning the "Skins (Special to R Lowe)(side note to Cowie)

Mike Cheung mikecheung at att.net
Fri Sep 5 13:48:00 EDT 2008

Ben,

My Admiral, Mary, and I may have sailed the soon-to-be Susan Kay this Spring
when we were deciding on a Rhodes!  We had a great time, except the house
battery wouldn't hold a charge.  Stan promised he was going to change it
out.  That was the boat in the whole "Rhodes at night" thread,
http://www.nabble.com/Rhodes-at-Night---Second-attempt-to17700481.html#a17700481,
that started with a picture we took while we overnighted at the Edenton town
docks.  Nice boat indeed.  You'd be appalled at how far over I put her when
I headed up on what I thought was a close reach that was really a broad
reach.  Ugly.  Though the experience pretty much sold us on the boat being
able to take care of us even when we did something stupid.

Mike C. s/v Muireann 1993/2008 R22