[Rhodes22-list] A Case for Obama; Calm Yourself Tootle

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 11:53:08 EDT 2008

Ben,

Always good to hear from someone who knows about "Vinegar Joe", a true
American hero and friend of China during a time of need.

You, like probably everyone on this list, are most likely not a
"Marxist" but are being duped into supporting a "Marxist" candidate
because he hasn't been properly vetted.  In less than a week we've
learned from the MSM nearly everything about Sarah Palin.  Much of the
"news" revealed turned out to be completely and totally false.  The
same MSM has had at least 19 months to vet "The One" but chooses to
ignore what is a disturbing number of associations. In "Dreams From My
Father", young Barry tells us the story of studying with his mentor
"Frank".  This is Frank Marshal Davis, avowed communist and Soviet
sympathizer - do a google search. Barry ends-up in Chicago as a
"community organizer" which is supposed to conjure images of a
"volunteer" when in fact it really means paid political operative.
There he studies Saul Alinsky (avowed communist) methods of organizing
(Alinsky was dead by then but his underlings were still around) and
joins a radical church promoting "Black Liberation Theology" (a
Marxist doctrine if there ever was one), and names his second book
after a sermon by Rev. Wright of "God Damn America" fame.  This is
just a partial list.  Most of the big ticket projects "The One" was
involved with as a "community organizer" were dismal failures and in
the case of the Annenberg Challenge, he was hand-picked by Bill Ayers
(unrepentant domestic terrorist) and after working together several
years, Ayers and his terrorist wife, Bernadine Dohrn, launch "The One"
into politics with a reception at their home.  The MSM doesn't want to
cover these stories, not because they aren't true - they don't fit
their meme of choosing the next President. Are you a Marxist for
supporting Obama for President?  No, not necessarily, but you are
supporting a Marxist idiology whether you know it or not.

Sarah Palin has upset the equation and the far left and the MSM is
doing everything they can to discredit her.  She hates gays!  Well,
not exactly, she believes marriage is between opposite sexes but the
first bill she vetoed as Guv was one that would have denied medical
benefits to domestic partners of state employees.  She's
anti-abortion!  She is, and she walks the walk in her personal life.
She's also from a very libertarian state and has governed with a
libertarian attitude. She has never advocated overturning Roe v Wade
as far as my research has revealed, but a lot of folks like myself
have issues with Roe v Wade because abortion is an issue that should
have been legislated by the states and not from the court.  If it ever
is overturned, very little will change but for a few places (Utah
comes to mind).

Now go back to your homework assignment and tell me where I'm wrong
about Barry's two decade long associations with Marxists, radicals,
and convicted felons.

Brad