[Rhodes22-list] Yamaha T9.9 turns but won't start

acomas at cordys.com acomas at cordys.com
Sun Sep 7 17:04:23 EDT 2008

Well after hurricane Hanna, my Yamaha 1999 T9.9 turns but doesn't catch or sputter.  I presume some wiring is wet and she won't start.  I opened the cover and it is very damp in there.  There is fuel getting to the motor (I don't know about the carburetor).

It's like the safety code is pulled out but I’ve double checked that it is connected correctly.  The engine turns but never catches.

I’ve just now ordered the service manual from Yamaha and I’m trying to find an operator’s manual for the engine.  Yamaha was out of stock.

Anyone have advice on how to diagnose this problem?

Regards,
Andrew
1996 Rhodes recycled 2008.