[Rhodes22-list] Yamaha T9.9 turns but won't start

R Orkin roryorkin at verizon.net
Sun Sep 7 19:57:39 EDT 2008

Engine needs 3 things to run.. Spark, fuel and compression..
Compression is not the issue.. Leaving spark and fuel..
It should have run a little with the gas left in the carburetor before the
bad gas got to it so that leaves spark.. Spark plug wires are notorious for
insulation cracking when older and getting in water which causes spark to
fail to get to plug. I suspect that any of the electronic components could
not be working right.. There is an electromechanical choke that also could
have gotten some water into the wiring..

MichaelMeltzer wrote:

> Try some of the "ether" starting fluid, if is seems to catch a little, it
> the fuel carb, if nothing seems to change looks for spark/distributor
> issues.
>
> BTW it just "works" tomorrow, most likely you have a crack (in a wire)
> that dried out.
> -mjm

-----
Rory Orkin