[Rhodes22-list] Handling Gusts

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Mon Sep 8 12:48:19 EDT 2008

Defender usually has the best price.  Harken is proud of its stuff, but it
works very well.  If you're not going to dump the traveler in gusts, this
would be a waste of money.

I agree with Rummy that  junking up a boat with extra stuff doesn't help.
However, this is a bit different. Replacing the GBI Clamcleats, which most
people tie off and don't use because their angle is wrong, with hardware
that actually works better for the intended purpose isn't really the same
thing.

PT