[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 for sale by Peter Thorn

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Sep 9 20:35:15 EDT 2008

Peter,

Sorry to see you leave.  I doubt that you can single hand that 30 as easily
as 'Raven'.  You may just want to save all the work you have done on the R22
and keep it.  There are other members of this forum that have several boats.

I have relatives that collect old or antique cars.  You know original
'woodies'.  I have a cousin that has a house with an extra attached garage
just to keep his woodie in.  What would be wrong in keeping an unique
sailing vessel?

While my wife likes my bigger boats cabin, etc., it is not meant for
solitude and single handling like a R22.

And your little racing boat, well it is just a racing boat.  We know that
for you there is a special nostalgia in a R22.  And it is a boat that can be
sailed when you are 82...

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  "A lot of people ask me if I were shipwrecked, and could only
have one book, what would it be? I always say 'How to Build a Boat" -
Stephen Wright