[Rhodes22-list] Hanna leaves us; Not political, so take a break ; ^)

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Tue Sep 9 22:05:22 EDT 2008

Fabulous pictures, elle. Have you seen "Chesapeake, Bay of Light: an
exploration of the Chesapeake Bay's wild and forgotten places" the
lovely book of photo essays by Ian J. Plant? Those photos remind me
of some of his.

Those waves look vaguely familiar. We were motoring once off of
Blackwalnut Point into waves not quite as big (but they sure felt
like it) trying to get out to the Bay where we could sail when Fred
suddenly said "I've lost steering". It took a few seconds before we
realized that a wave had knocked the motor sideways. It was a great
relief to get around the point and set sail.

Mary Lou