[Rhodes22-list] Brad, now my turn:

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 11:15:26 EDT 2008

Stan,

Tax revenues have risen, to say they haven't is the "big lie". The
lack of revenue isn't the problem, the growth of entitlement programs
is the elephant in the room (feel free to make jokes about elephants
here ________ ). Even with the cost of the Iraq war and the endless
earmarks, "It's the Entitlements Stupid", to paraphrase Bubba circa
1992.  Anyone who thinks a partial privatization of SS is a bad idea
need only look around the country at the number of cities and
municipalities that have retirement funds going bankrupt. Sometimes
reality really sucks but it is what it is. Even the Democratic party
in Alaska was touting Palin's killing the "Bridge to Nowhere" on their
website until last week when they got the marching orders to send that
webpage "down memory hole".  Find a new talking point.

Now as to stem cell research, I'm 'fer' it, and as to litmus tests,
I'm 'agin' it! As to the Global Warming religion, I'm an agnostic in
most things associated with religion.

We're down to the last 55 days of this beauty pageant we call an
election and O'Bambi isn't doing a good job of handling the fact that
he just lost the swimsuit competition. He's never won an election
against competition and so he's reverting back to his 'raisins',
Chicago style politics.  Expect more elbows in the days to come.

Brad