[Rhodes22-list] Boom Vang, UPS, Whisker Pole

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Fri Sep 12 16:49:11 EDT 2008

Here's my thoughts.

Boom vang - not really practical on our boats. Could be engineered
but not sure it's worth it with the in-mast furling main which isn't
an ideal sha[e no matter what you do to it.

Whisker pole - we have one and use it occasionally, even with the UPS

UPS - we don't use it as often as we could. It does take time to rig
BUT it is a joy to use. You can use it downwind, on a beam reach and
even a near reach. It's incredibly forgiving and it is a lot of fun.

My opinions only. YMMV.

ML