[Rhodes22-list] Boom Vang, UPS, Whisker Pole

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Mon Sep 15 12:06:35 EDT 2008

Bill,

I don't have one but that's a good question.  After researching whisker
poles, I now have other questions.

What size for a Rhodes22 with a 175% Genoa?

Can you attach it to a shroud or would the Genoa put too much lateral
tension on it?

If attached to the mast, how high up the mast would you attach the
connection (padeye?)?

Can you attach the pole to the mast for storage?

Does it run from the mast between the inner and outer shrouds or aft of the
outer shroud?

Any recommendations on what type of whisker pole to get?  Telescoping, line
furling, fixed, weight, length, connectors (mast and sail), etc.

Do they require much skill to use?  Any dangers?

Thanks!

Lee