[Rhodes22-list] anchoring

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Mon Sep 15 15:48:00 EDT 2008

At 12:18 PM 9/15/2008 -0700, elle wrote:

> > Now, the difficult part is to have the appropriate anchor
> > for the type of bottom where you are going to be anchoring.
>
>And so we return to our starting point...;^)

The February 2006 issue of Practical Sailor featured "Anchors for
Muck, for Under 200 Bucks",  testing 17 anchors under $200 in soft,
muddy bottom.

I don't have that issue, but the website blurbs says "In soft mud,
the low-priced Lewmar Claw stands out in short- and long-scope
testing".  For $10 you can buy the entire article for immediate
download as a PDF -
http://www.practical-sailor.com/issues/32_2/features/5234-1.html

Cheers!

John Lock