[Rhodes22-list] Ike Pushes into Quebec (political humor, I suppose)

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 17:49:11 EDT 2008

Mike,

Yeah, we looked at that three years ago before we opted out of doing
gubment work period.  We were going to be a woman owned, minority
(slant-eyed Asian, not to be confused with Sub-continent Asian, which
raises the question of how are Vietnamese not sub-continent versus
Chinese? but I digress) company and then decided not to fool with it.
My guess is that the FEMA primes are having a hard time attracting
subs because of the Katrina experiences.  You and I could run FEMA out
of our homes and do a better job.  Another contractor called us today
and is interested in putting us on hourly as an owner/operator with he
being the sub to the prime.  My brother and I are trying to figure out
what our break-even costs for mobilization  will be and how long it
will take for the sub to realize he's going to losing his ass and
sends us home.

This ain't our first rodeo and we're taking the "old bull versus young
bull" approach.  In other words, it's cheaper to do nothing in
Katrina-land than throw money away in Ike-land.

Brad