[Rhodes22-list] McLube Sailkote...IMF (and that's not all) works like new!

chetc cclocksin at buckeye-express.com
Mon Sep 15 19:27:23 EDT 2008

I just thought I'd post this in case anyone has been fighting with their IMF
furling system. I know it's been talked about before, but if you haven't
bought a can of McLube Sailkote or (something similar), do so
immediately!!!:jumping:

I am not exaggerating when I tell you that the $17 spent on that can of
spray lube literally bought us a miracle in a can! We were having serious
difficulty furling and unfurling the main and decided to try the spray. I
liberally doused the donut like bushing and everything else Inside the mast
slot where the boom attaches. Voila! absolutely amazing how quickly and how
completely this fixed our problem. I can now sit down on the cockpit bench
and furl and unfurl the sail with almost no effort.

But that's not all...we were constantly cussing our mainsheet traveler, and
pretty much had to uncleat the lines and grab the traveler car and push or
pull it to wherever we wanted it. So I doused the tube, the rollers, etc.,
and now the thing works like a charm! Even pulling the traveler to windward
in a good breeze is effortless now...just pull the string like you're
supposed to!

The sliding galley doors, BAM, fixed with a little spray, the genoa cars,
BAM! Now they move like greased lightening. And I'm just getting started...

No I don't own the company, or work for the company, or sell the product, or
anything else...I just had to share this with the group...my brother and I
have been absolutely amazed by the results we've gotten from this stuff.

I highly recommend you keep a can on board just in case things get a little
sticky.:clap:

Chet