[Rhodes22-list] Pointing Problem

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at nyu.edu
Tue Sep 16 09:53:14 EDT 2008

Paul,

I have restored an older boat and had the chance to buy a used IMF
but chose instead to go with new full battened sails using a
standard mast.   I believe what you
are experiencing could be a combination of IMF effect and the design
of the diamond board.  The slot between the boom and your main
doesn't help the boat to point that well.  I can only do 45° most of
the time.   If the wind allows I would sheet the furler outside the
uppers most of the time.

just my 2 cent on the matter.
  Lou
s/v Miracles