[Rhodes22-list] For Herb - NOT political

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Tue Sep 16 11:54:31 EDT 2008

Understand that. When Katrina hit NO I was concerned about my boat.
Scouring web sites looking for any information about the state my marina
was in.

Then I ran across a web site where a guy was asking about the hospital
in Slidell (that's where my marina was). He said that he had been forced
to evacuate, leaving his son in ICU at the hospital, and wanted word on
the state of the hospital.

My boat suddenly seemed unimportant.

My prayers are with your family. I live in the DFW area, 250 miles from
Houston, and we got virtually none of the impact. The damage is mostly
in the Houston/Galveston area. Unfortunately, that's a very heavily
populated area in TX, and saying "only" in that area seems to minimize it.