[Rhodes22-list] anchoring

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Tue Sep 16 23:52:05 EDT 2008

Rik,

The point is that the anchor most of us use is designed to set by being
pulled at a 45 degree angle from the bottom.  If you pull it parallel to
the bottom it just stubs its flukes along and never sets properly.  And
if you have too much chain, you can never pull it at a 45 degree angle,
so it will never set at all.

You are "anchored" on your chain.

Bill Effros