[Rhodes22-list] Community Organization

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Wed Sep 17 11:46:53 EDT 2008

Wouldn't know about IL requirements. Each state sets their own for
state offices. You made your statement in the present tense so I
assumed you were talking US Senate. US Senators have to live in the
state that elects them - no location requirements.  If you were
talking past tense IL state senate, you would have to look at where
he lived when he was a state senator. There is of course a long
history in this country of people having more than one residence and
maintaining one they rarely see as their residence for electoral
purposes. Almost necessary if you are a US Senator or Rep. and want
to live with your family. The ex-mayor of Phila.'s brother tried to
run for something in Phila. when he lived in NJ. He claimed a PA
apartment address but the press caught up with him.

Mary Lou