[Rhodes22-list] anchoring

ben benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com
Wed Sep 17 13:20:18 EDT 2008

I know I'm not going to convince you, but if you put out more than 1.5:1
scope, you're making your angle lower than 45 degrees.  If the rode is taut
and you have 6:1, the rode is going to pull up at about a 10 degree angle.
That's what you want for holding.

True, it's probably overkill in lots of situations, but tides rise, wind and
currents change, etc.  Chain keeps that angle lower, so you get more holding
power from less rode.

Ben