[Rhodes22-list] List Member Condones Criminal Activity ? Political

jimtracyjohnston at centurytel.net jimtracyjohnston at centurytel.net
Thu Sep 18 16:50:53 EDT 2008

Quoting Ben Cittadino <bcittadino at dcs-law.com>:
I am in total agreement with Ben!!! Rhodes22 is a means of communication about
sailing with Rhodes as a common focal point. It was always interesting to read
about other sailing experiences and often very informative. If you had a
question(s) there was normally many answers or solutions offered by our
down to
earth fellow Rhodes 22 members. There are several political, religious,
off-color, financial, medical, legal, gear head........forums to express one's
self. Keep Rhodes 22 an exchange of sailing related dialogue. I also
agree with
Ben, I do not want to offend the participants we are making reference, their
positive contribution over the years have been (are) invaluable. Jim Johnston

> Dear Ed;
>
> I becoming genuinely concerned about you.  I'm serious.  This list is
> supposed to be a "sailor's bar", full of fun, friendship,
spirited debate,
> and some interesting banter about the Rhodes 22.  What are you doing?  Are
> you trying to engender truly bad blood between list members?  Posting a
> title like this is, in my humble opinion, dirty pool.  I want you to
> consider moderating your tone just alittle.  You can make your points, more
> effectively I think, without impugning the integrity of Rob, or anyone else
> who disagees with you (me).
>
> Frankly, when I read the title of your post I thought you were referring to
> Brad's expressed desire to subject the internet hackers to prison rape
(last
> time I looked rape of a prisoner was criminal activity). I was prepared to
> defend my fellow Rhodie (Brad) by telling you that we all know Brad was
> speaking figuratively to make a point. He was referring to some anonymous
> evil doers who ought to be severely punished (a sentiment with which I
> agree) and was using some hyperbole for emphasis.
>
> On the other hand you suggested that Rob's remark condoned the hackers
> activity which it clearly did not.  You were just being mean.  Why?
Because