[Rhodes22-list] anchoring - weight and size of mushroom ?

Robert Skinner Robert at SquirrelHaven.com
Fri Sep 19 10:17:46 EDT 2008

Thanks for the reply, Mike.  I agree with you.

As the anchoring discussion related primarily to what
anchor(s) one keeps aboard and how to set it/them, I
wondered how/whether Bill carried his mushroom?  Or
has this thread meandered out of the universe of
discourse?  That's OK, too, ...

IMHO, a mushroom is not the kind of anchor one keeps
aboard a sailboat, but Bill may have a different
opinion.  For me, a mushroom is only for use as a
(semi)permanent mooring.

A helical screw mooring is favored by the harbor master
in Portland, ME.

/Robert