[Rhodes22-list] Pointing Problem

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Mon Sep 22 11:36:01 EDT 2008

Must have been very different down your way. We sailed over to the
Magothy on a broad reach on Saturday. Don't think we ever saw 10 -
probably was about 8 max and generally less. Seemed a bit shifty but
that could have been apparent wind changing as our speed dropped in
the lulls. Did a lot of adjusting of the sails. Boat speed got up to
4 but was mostly in the 2.5 to 3.5 range. Still, it was a great day
to be out on the water. Joined our sailing association raft-up in the
cove north of Gibson Island. Stayed rafted overnight which we rarely
do. Missed anchoring our so after motoring all the way home (the bay
was like glass - rolling glass from all the boat wakes), we came home
did a few chores and went back out for dinner on the water and an
anchored out overnight in Swan Creek. Certainly is a beautiful time
of year here on the bay.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD