[Rhodes22-list] Campaigns and Such (was Gas in TN-Brad) Political

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Wed Sep 24 17:41:25 EDT 2008

Brad,

 From what I see on Drudge, it looks like Obama isn't playing along:

=====
"I believe that we should continue to have the debate," Obama said.
"It's my belief that this is exact time when the American people need to
hear form the person who in approximately 40 days will be responsibly
for dealing with this mess and I think that it is going to be part of
the president's job to deal with more than one thing at once."

Obama said that unlike McCain, he will not suspend ads, or campaign
events scheduled between now and Friday's debate.

"I think it's very important that the American people see the people who
potentially could be in charge of this problem within the next couple of
months and so my attitude is that we need to be focused on solving the
problems, as I have been," Obama said. "It's also important that we
communicate where we need to go in getting us out of the situation."

=====

This is interesting. We've had a promise-everything, do-nothing,
we-tried-but-the-swamp-is-still-there Democratic run congress for two
years, that's blaming a decade + brewing problem on Bush (but that's
easy, when you're a Democrat, everything Bad is Bush), and the party
that said they wanted "change" is forging ahead with politics, and the
"old school old guy" is throwing a curve ball.

It's a gamble, and it might not work, but folks have to admit, his last
"gamble" paid off well.

I think he should send in Sarahcuda to debate for him.