[Rhodes22-list] Pointing Problem

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Thu Sep 25 11:37:56 EDT 2008

Alan,
Last I knew, Stan was getting sails for the R22 from Doyle Barbados.

Michael,
Sailcare can freshen up and repair a sail but a blown out (stretched)
sail is still blown out. We did have Sailcare work on our genoa this
past year. They repaired the stitching and replaced the suncover with
material that is lighter (and less durable) than the Sunbrella. They
also added luff tape so that it fits our new furler and a foam pad so
that it supposedly has a better shape when partially furled (jury is
still out on that. We were pleased with the work and very pleased
with the new suncover. We figured our sail isn't too badly blown yet
and the new lighter suncover will probably last until we give in an
get a new sail. Meanwhile the sail sets better in light air because
of the lighter suncover.

Our sails were new in 1991. We'll probably replace the main before
the genoa. Maybe.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD