[Rhodes22-list] What's It Worth?

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 18:48:42 EDT 2008

Bill,

You of all people know what a scam this whole real estate bubble was.
Yeah, it's a good buy in the long run, provided you think long run.
People thought they could buy ANYTHING house related and it would go
up in value.  I started doubting my own crystal ball after listening
to co-workers brag about how much money they had made in real estate
while I sat on the sidelines.  You hit the nail on the head, "they
couldn't afford their mortgages".  Three years ago I would have bet my
last dollar that Chinese banks would fail because of the bad loans
they continue to carry on the books from "the old days".  China didn't
pass FASB 157, we did.  Welcome to America!  We hid the true cost of
our social programs for too long.  I'll do anything I can within my
power and budget to help someone get a "leg up" on their financial
well being.  What we face here is not a lack of money but a deficiency
of spirit and ingenuity.

Brad