[Rhodes22-list] Public Education - Yeah, it's POLITICAL

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 15:36:07 EDT 2008

Herb,

We had a high school senior up here just last week that was caught with a
box-cutter in his car in the school parking lot.  The lot was being checked
for parking stickers when it was spotted in plain view in the cup holder.
OK, now the kid had an after-school job at Cub Foods doing, guess what,
cutting boxes but the school has, as most, a zero tolerance for anything
pointy on school grounds and he was suspended and threatened with
expulsion.  The school board said it would be unfair to other students to
NOT expell him.  After a week of wrangling and heated discussion the board
decided to let him stay in school but with a heafty probation.
Administration on steroids.

Slim