[Rhodes22-list] Brad & Bell E, Political question

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 18:23:01 EDT 2008

Ed,

Haven't heard anything about it but then I've been out of pocket
today. What I've been reading about the last hour is that the Dem's
don't want their version to pass without the Republicans on board
because then "they own it". Barney Frank tried to load it up with
Christmas ornaments, ie, "funding housing for the poor", etc.  Hey
Barney, DUMBASS, that's how we got to this point.  Anyway, he's
already backed down from that.  The Republicans are getting Very Heavy
anti-bailout messages from their constituents, and in the right-wing
blogsphere where I spend a fair amount of time, it is not popular.
That's an understatement. Bush wanted McCain to bring the Republicans
on board and I'm not sure McCain was able to do that. Presidential
election year or not, McCain is a RINO and he's not getting the party
to fall in line  behind him in lockstep. My hope is that a bill gets
passed over the weekend, as clean a bill as we can possibly get.  The
Dems have the votes to do it on their own and IMHO are on the right
side of the issue.  The Republican concerns are valid but it's too
late to implement them.  The crisis is worse than most people think. I
can only watch TV news coverage until Harry Reid shows his face and
then I start looking for things to throw at the TV, so now I just
leave the room. Reid is a worthless asswipe that tries to politicize
everything. Obama has an opportunity to come out of this looking like
a hero even though his fingerprints are all over the cause of the
mess.  Such is politics.

You can't say this year has been boring.

Brad