[Rhodes22-list] Brad & Bell E, Political question

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 15:21:56 EDT 2008

Brad, In my opinion the reason this deal isn't done is the Republucans are
not sure what to do. I can't say I blame them.. Who really knows how to fix
this?  If they sit on their hands and the left pass the bill ....welll when
it fails they can always point a finger. No matter what we do we are just
rolling dice. All concerned want to cover their asses. As usual leadership
is lacking. The first bailout proposal was nothing sort of outrageous. If we
do this there better be some freaking oversight.

Regarding stocks I am a far cry from a financial wizard and my meager
holdings are proof. I didn't pull all out.....the only stocks I have
left are in 401Ks or IRas. I did adjust these somewhat and one of my
accounts actually went up last quarter (only 2%). My best move was selling
GE last year. My FIL worked for GE Jet Division for 25 years after he
retired from the Airforce. We signed up to a family buy direct plan years
ago and road the Jack W wave. My FIL passed away years ago and we lost my
MIL last year. I felt alittle guilty but cleaned out my GE shortly
thereafter. GE was on a 6 year highI, sold for $42 and last I looked GE was
around $26. I took some grief for bailing on GE from some family memebers.
Truth be told I sold several stocks for a loss but I wanted out. I had 5
years left on the mortgage and went ahead and paid off my home.

I have a wad of cash and i am ready to buy......but i am patiend.

Wally