[Rhodes22-list] Political Birthday Musings

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 14:01:12 EDT 2008

Lee,

I'm all civilian, a rare animal at my airline, I'm just milling about
smartly today in case someone calls in sick or they need to launch
extra equipment. In the freight business, you can't give your
passengers a free drink coupon if you're late, so we keep extra spares
of manpower and equipment on hand.

When I was a new hire Second Officer 23 years ago the front-end crew
would ask, "what's your background?"  What they really wanted to hear
was are you Air Force, Navy, Marine, Army, or Coast Guard? (but mostly
AF, Navy or Marine).  When I'd tell them I was all civilian they'd
spin around and start looking for the third eye.

Brad