[Rhodes22-list] Duke Wins!

Ben Cittadino bcittadino at dcs-law.com
Mon Sep 29 15:01:04 EDT 2008

Rob;

At 3-1 they are a veritable powerhouse.  You may be interested to know my
Dad was Captain of the '47 Blue Devils, and played on the '41, '42, and '43
teams.  He did take time out to win WWII.
He was a freshman when Duke played in the only Rose Bowl ever to be played
outside Pasadena, against Oregon State in January 1942.  It was moved to
Durham because of fears of Japanese attack on the west coast less than one
month after Pearl Harbor. Duke lost.

"To Hell With Carolina!!! "(North, that is.)

Best,

Ben C. s/v susan kay, highlands, nj