[Rhodes22-list] Hold on!

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Mon Sep 29 16:01:32 EDT 2008

How not to get bi-partisan support:

Give a speech that says , in part:

=====
It is a number that is staggering, but tells us *only the costs of the
Bush Administration's failed economic policies*-policies built on
budgetary recklessness, on an anything goes mentality, with no
regulation, no supervision, and no discipline in the system.
*Democrats believe in the free market,* which can and does create jobs,
wealth, and capital, but left to its own devices it has created chaos.
*Democrats insisted that legislation responding to this crisis* must
protect the American people and Main Street from the meltdown on Wall
Street.
*These were the Democratic demands to safeguard the American taxpayer*,
to help the economy recover, and to impose tough accountability as a
central component of this recovery effort.
Today, we will act to avert this crisis, *but informed by our experience
of the past eight years with the failed economic leadership *that has
left us left capable of meeting the challenges of the future.
=====

Note to Madame Speaker, if you want to blame the other side, and try to
score political points while laying all the blame at the feet of "the
other folks', make sure you've got ALL of your folks on board.

If you piss off (and on) the other side, 60% of your side probably won't
be enough.

Now, go back, and try again.