[Rhodes22-list] Working - humor (was necking - humor)

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Mon Sep 29 16:43:59 EDT 2008

My step=father, when I was a teen, owned a wrecking yard. Of course,
folks frequently asked about borrowing tools so they could pull parts.
He had a sign up that said:

There are certain things
We hold dear in this life.
Like to the tools of the trade,
and the sweet little wife.

So please,
don't ask to borrow our tools,
And we won't ask to borrow your wife.

This was right next to Ft Hood, and invariably a GI would offer "You
know, I really need that wrench, can you go take a look at my wife?"