[Rhodes22-list] Wally - A little more on CRAs

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 09:27:51 EDT 2008

Ed, Loan terms are written on appraised value of the home at close. Future
changes up or down are only relevant if there is a refinance or sale. If a
borrower has a loan they need to pay the terms. If not the bank will take
their home. Maybe I misunderstood your question? it is bad enough when you
are "upside down" in a car. i couldn'timagine being upside down in a house.
it surely would suck but it sounds like the buyer made a poor choice.
Remember the golden rule....buyer beware!

If it makes sense perhaps the lender will renogotiate terms of loan.
Foreclosures are not good for the lender especially in this market. The
buyer may decide it is in their best interests to walk away from the home
and let the bank foreclose. Many are doing just that.

What took out CA and Nevada were not CRA bank loans. The loan that took down
the West was the Pay Option ARM. This is not a sub-prime loan by the way it
is considered an "Alt A" loan. This loan actually gave you the "option" of
deciding what you wanted to pay. One of the pay options did not even cover
the interest. Stated and No doc loans were also a big problem. Just a note
that not all Stated Loans are Sub-prime. There were Stated and No Doc
conforming options for people with good credit just like there were stated
and no doc options for sub-prime. This is never mentioned

Does this have something to do with CRA bank loans?

Wally