[Rhodes22-list] Another Reason to Clean House at The White House (Political)

Ben Cittadino bcittadino at dcs-law.com
Tue Sep 30 13:38:15 EDT 2008

Brad;

Let me try it this way.....If you fly that big silver (OK, mostly white)
bird of yours from Memphis to Miami, it's perfectly legal; but if you fly
from Memphis to Havana to Miami, you still end up in Miami but you've broken
the law (especially if you picked up afew cigars on the stop-over).

So if you fire the US Attorney in New Mexico for bad performance it's
perfectly legal; but if you fire the US Attorney in New Mexico because he
wouldn't bring a politically motivated prosecution at the behest of a
senator then the US Attorney still ends up fired but you've broken the law.
The bottom line is that the legislative branch is supposed to stay out of
the prosecution business except to report crimes and get out of the way.

That's my take on it anyway.

Ben C.