[Rhodes22-list] Is This IMF Rattling & Shaking Normal

Caesar Paul caesarpaul01 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 1 11:57:08 EDT 2009

Rummy,

Yes to all the questions.  All systems are set up and ready for sailing away.

My use of the boat last year (my first sailing season) consisted of trailering to my sailing destination, rigging and launching, hauling out at the end of the day, de-riggging, securing everything for the trip back home.  During this hectic, and somewhat nervous learning period, I did not notice the more subtle nuances of the systems, the reaction to wind and other forces while sitting on its trailer or in the water.-

The boat is now rigged at my home.  I am checking things in out in preparation of its stay at the marina.  I have the pleasure of walking out, and climbing on the boat, sitting in the cockpit with a cup of coffee in my hand, and just observing things.

It is in this context that I noticed this rattling, and am thinking that it appears excessive, hence the question.  It might be nothing.  It might be that a nut has gotten slack, so I thought I should sound out the list for assurances or advice on how to trouble shoot.

The cables in the mast rattles.  It rattled during my first sail with Stan.  It may be rattling even more now.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Caesar