[Rhodes22-list] By way of introduction, Ahoy, and request

David Culp dculp at hsbtx.com
Tue Apr 7 16:16:56 EDT 2009

Andy:

Welcome...  You will find some very helpful folks here who have seen most
everything and Stan jumps in on occasion too.

If you have an unusual modification, that may be the problem but I know from
experience that leaks can be deceptive as to their origin.  For example:
 Make sure that ALL thru-hull fittings are checked for integrity.  I could
have sworn that I had a leak in the trunk area one time.  In fact, I thought
I could see it coming out of an area around the trunk. We even took the cap
off the trunk to inspect which ended up not being necessary.  The source of
the leak was the thru-hull for the overboard toilet dump.  It is amazing how
much water will come in due to a small leak below the water line.  On my
boat, you must lift the forward battery out to access it and we found it
after wasting a lot of time.  Like I said, it can be very deceptive so don't
rule anything out; look at everything that you can access which is near or
below the waterline on your hull.  Through process of elimination, you will
be able to run it down.

Good Luck,
David Culp