[Rhodes22-list] Re quest for feedback on fixing weak laminate

Miracles steadilsr at verizon.net
Fri Apr 10 15:27:15 EDT 2009

Rhodies

I had to pull out some of the cement in the fwd ballast area after
suspecting a minor ooZing leak last season. This is fwd of the head area on
the Stb side, Ive taken out my water tank to gain working room.
Ive already remove cracked cement around the area and want to apply a few
layers of barrier coated epoxy in side the hull and outside to strengthen
the area.  Ive let it dry out all winter and had de humidifying pellets
around this area.
Before applying the epoxy i was planning on washing the area with Solvent
202 (on the inside) and then
sanding the area a bit. I ve done this in the galley area already and it
seems to strengthen the hull.
I just dont know what to expect when I sound the hull with a mallet or end
of screwdriver.
ANY feedback out there in Rhodes 22 restorationland??

i was off the list most of the winter as I had a new computer installed at
wk and at home.
thanks
Lou
s/v Miracles