[Rhodes22-list] Gusset vs Compression Post

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 22 11:17:48 EDT 2009

Jim,

Your post is very helpful.  My '86 cabin floor seems quite level and I wonder if anyone else has discovered your 'bow' in the floor.  What do you think created the void you describe?

I have seen no response to my post re. forming a window of some size in the v-berth bulkhead, adjacent to but not touching, the compression post.  Rummy suggested leaving it alone, but there is a screaming need for air circulation there, especially if it is the Potty venue.  My concern - any chance this would compromise the cross sectional strength?

Thoughts?

Art