[Rhodes22-list] Hello everyone

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Sat Apr 25 09:15:50 EDT 2009

Chris,

The LI Sound is still a great place to sail, similar in many respects to a
Great Lake with many wonderful sites to visit.  Even in the middle of the
Sound, you are rarely more than ten miles from land, LI or CT shores (and
never out of sight.)  For daysailors and cruisers it can be quite a bit of
fun, lots of wind and great destinations.  But, we do have a lot of
commercial traffic and it is still early in the season, as far as the
weather and temperatures are concerned.  I am sorry if I scared you away, I
meant only to prepare you for the potential dangers that we face on the LIS.

Mike
s/v Shanghaid'd Summer ('81)
       Nissequogue River, NY

From: "Chris Rossman"  Saturday, April 25, 2009 7:39 AM
Mike,

Thank you for your advice.  I was planning on just staying close to shore
and out for only a few hours.  You did give me a lot to think about.  I may
try to find a lake close by instead, until I gain more experience.