[Rhodes22-list] Newbie hoping to see a Rhodes 22 in So. CA

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 27 19:27:25 EDT 2009

Hi, Mark,
Welcome to 'da list.'
My '92 R22 has a Edson pedestal and wheel.....and all controls are on the pedestal. A previous 23' boat I sailed had a tiller....but as I sail alone, and am a 'bit' below average height (OK, lots below)  I found that i could not see over the cabin top when sitting on the laz nor could I reach the controls on the engine when it was down, making docking,etc very dicey. Of course having a wheel is a very different feel from a tiller, but sometmes we have to compromise to make something work out.
If you re interested I can attach some pictures....I am currently away from home & pix are on my other computer.....You can also find the pictures in the archives.
elle