[Rhodes22-list] a Yamaha mechanic in the house?

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue Apr 28 13:23:29 EDT 2009

Joe,

I know that everyone will have told you how to clean out the carb and stuff,
BUT, have you loosened or removed the gas tank fill cap before trying to
accelerate?  I have found that the fuel vent in the gas cap is clogged (or
closed due to operator error) in too many cases to even think about.  It
takes 5 minutes to test and requires no tools.  You won't even get dirty.
Open the cap and see if the engine works before attempting any repairs.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY

From: "Joe Babb"  Tuesday, April 28, 2009 9:47 AM