[Rhodes22-list] Blue_Skies Website

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Mon Aug 3 17:19:29 EDT 2009

Thanks Mike!  No problems pulling a copy of the blew_skies website.
We should be OK on that front.

Reformatting the content... that's another story.  It's a lot of
really old code  arranged in hundreds of HTML files.  Given a little
time I can probably automate some conversion.  "Convert into what?"
you may ask...  Well, a wiki program would be ideal.  MediaWiki is
free and is also the engine behind Wikipedia.  Uses standard PHP/MySQL
platform, so we should be good to go.  Converting the existing HTML
pages into MySQL data elements will be a "fun" project.  There is an
XML format described for importing to MediaWiki.  A lot of text
manipulation may give me what I need to do a straight import.  More
research is required and I will appreciate any help once I know what
the tasks will be!

Cheers!
John Lock
s/v Pandion - '79 Rhodes 22